A little bit about me.
‘Elizabeth has a lovely manner with dogs and is very observant…She treats each dog as an individual, adapting her actions to the dog’s needs….Lovely to observe Elizabeth working with dogs.’
In 2007 I graduated from Liverpool John Moores University with a BSc in Psychology. I also have a Master’s degree in Social Work and before starting Theo & Friends I worked full time in the social care sector. I’m not only passionate about what I do but I’m also keen to keep my knowledge and skills up to date to ensure I can deliver the best care to clients. You can see a selection my training skills by clicking here.
- Pet Sitting and Dog Walking Business Level 3 Diploma (with Distinction 100%) – awarded April 2020
- Interactive Play Workshop - Craig Ogilvie (February 2017, December 2018, July 2019, February 2020)
- Two day dog behaviour and training practical – Animal Jobs Direct (November 2017)
- Hyper Dog to Calm Dog – John McGuigan, Glasgow Dog Trainer (May 2018)
- Aggressive Behaviour in Dogs – Vicky Welsh, Have a Good Dog (August 2018)
- Canine Body Language – IMDT (June 2019)
- The Lead Reactive Dog – Vicky Welsh, Have a Good Dog (January 2020)
- Dog Law: What Every Responsible Owner Needs to Know – Trevor Cooper (October 2018)
- Canine First Aid and CPR – Rachel Bean RVN (February 2019)
- A Taste of the Foundations for Clicker Gundog Training – Helen Phillips, Pet Professional Guild (May 2018)
- Interactive Play Guide – Craig Ogilvie, Pet Professional Guild (August 2018)
- Understanding Animal Welfare – Frania Shelley-Grielen, Pet Professional Guild (September 2018)
- Sugar, Serotonin and Schmackos – Raw Food and Canine Behaviour – Dr. Nick Thompson, Pet Professional Guild (September 2018)
- Risk Assessment and Safely handling Multiple Dogs – Claire Staines, Pet Professional Guild (June 2019)
- Pet Professional Guild 2020 Virtual Summit (April 2020)
- Pestering Pooches – Kristi Benson, Pet Professional Guild (June 2020)
- The Biology of Breed – Dr. Kristina Spaulding, Pet Professional Guild (June 2020)
- Training vs Management – Suzanne Clothier, Pet Professional Guild (July 2020)
- Triangle of Positive Reinforcement, Arousal and Control – Craig Ogilvie (July 2020)
- ACE Freework Webinar – Gemma Hodson, South West Dog Skills (August 2020)
- Canine Coaching Foundations – Canine Principles (October 2020)
- Dog Tired – Canine Sleep Webinar – Canine Principles (October 2020)
- Canine Bonding and Play – Canine Principles (October 2020)
- Canine Calmness (November 2020)
- Your End of the Lead (Original) – by Janet Finlay, Canine Confidence (August 2020)
- Wonder Walks – Nosey Barker (September 2020)
- The 30 Days of Canine Science – The School of Canine Science (September 2020)
I have always loved animals and in the past have kept dogs, cats, rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters and mice! At the moment, I share my home with my Labrador, Theo, and Molly who is a rescue Labrador. Our residents also include Hiro, Keiko, and Eli, who all came to us via rescue. We have previously shared our home with 14 foster cats and one foster dog and I am still actively involved with a local animal charity.
Once I got Theo, I found that even after long walks with a dog walker throughout the day he still had masses of energy on an evening, and I realised he needed something more – mental stimulation. I never lost my love of Psychology and I am particularly interested in its application to our animal friends. This gave me the idea of combining my interest in Psychology with my love of animals and Theo & Friends was born!