A little bit about me.
‘Elizabeth has a lovely manner with dogs and is very observant…She treats each dog as an individual, adapting her actions to the dog’s needs….Lovely to observe Elizabeth working with dogs.’
Theo & Friends was founded by and is run by me, Liz McCormick. Before starting my own business I worked full time in the social care sector. I loved having a dog but often found it was stop me working longer hours, going for drinks after work and getting household tasks done. He is an active dog and despite having a dog walker I often found he still had masses of energy in an evening. It was even hard to grab a chill on the sofa and watching television uninterrupted. That’s when I designed my adventure treks, so others like me can enjoy their lives without panicking to get home for the dog and actually returning to a happy and stress free pets.
I have always been an animal lover and have kept dogs, cats, rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters and mice. I currently share my home with Theo (Labrador), Molly (rescue Labrador), Hiro (rescue cat), Keiko (rescue cat) and various foster cats. I graduated from Liverpool John Moores University in 2007 with a BSc in Psychology and have studied to Masters level. Since getting my Labrador, Theo, I have rediscovered my love of psychology and particularly its application to our animal friends. I have a keen interest in how the theories of conditioning have developed and how they are being applied in dog training. I love dog training!
I am always keen to increase my knowledge, experience and skills so I can offer my own and your pets a good life and excellent service. I currently volunteer with Cats Protection Durham both cat cuddling and with their TNR (trap, neuter, return) programme. I have also become a regular dog walker at Bryson’s Animal Shelter in Gateshead and foster cats for Helping Pets North East.
Theo & Friends is owned and run by myself so you will always know who is coming into your house, and who is interacting with your pet.See what training courses I have attended here.
- Kennel Club Good Citizen Puppy Foundation – Muttamorphosis (December 2016 with Theo, June 2018 with Molly)
- Kennel Club Good Citizen Bronze (with Theo) - Muttamorphosis (February 2017)
- Interactive Play Workshop - Craig Ogilvie and Durham Dogs (February 2017)
- Canine First Aid – Muttamorphosis and Emma Foxall RVN (April 2017)
- Kennel Club Good Citizen Silver (with Theo) - Muttamorphosis (September 2017)
- Kennel Club Good Citizen Gold (with Theo) - Muttamorphosis (November 2017)
- Talking Dogs Scentwork Level 1 (with Theo) – Morag Heirs (November 2017)
- Two day dog behaviour and training practical – Animal Jobs Direct (November 2017)
- Introduction to Working Trials (with Theo) – Dog Friendly, Dave and Jenny Olley (May and August 2018)
- A Taste of the Foundations for Clicker Gundog Training (webinar) – Helen Phillips, Pet Professional Guild (May 2018)
- Introduction to Scentwork for Pet Dogs Level One (with Molly) - Blue Dog Canine Services (July 2018)
- Introduction to Fun Agility (with Molly) – Blue dog Canine Services (August 2018)
- Interactive Play Guide (webinar) – Craig Ogilvie, Pet Professional Guild (August 2018)