A little bit about me.
‘Elizabeth has a lovely manner with dogs and is very observant…She treats each dog as an individual, adapting her actions to the dog’s needs….Lovely to observe Elizabeth working with dogs.’
In 2007 I graduated from Liverpool John Moores University with a BSc in Psychology. I also have a Master’s degree in Social Work and before starting Theo & Friends I worked full time in the social care sector. I’m a passionate about what I do which is why I’m keen to keep my knowledge and skills up to date. You can see my training skills by clicking here.
- Kennel Club Good Citizen Puppy Foundation – Muttamorphosis (December 2016 with Theo, June 2018 with Molly)
- Kennel Club Good Citizen Bronze (with Theo) - Muttamorphosis (February 2017)
- Interactive Play Workshop - Craig Ogilvie and Durham Dogs (February 2017)
- Canine First Aid – Muttamorphosis and Emma Foxall RVN (April 2017)
- Kennel Club Good Citizen Silver (with Theo) - Muttamorphosis (September 2017)
- Kennel Club Good Citizen Gold (with Theo) - Muttamorphosis (November 2017)
- Talking Dogs Scentwork Level 1 (with Theo) – Morag Heirs (November 2017)
- Two day dog behaviour and training practical – Animal Jobs Direct (November 2017)
- Introduction to Working Trials (with Theo) – Dog Friendly, Dave and Jenny Olley (May and August 2018)
- A Taste of the Foundations for Clicker Gundog Training (webinar) – Helen Phillips, Pet Professional Guild (May 2018)
- Introduction to Scentwork for Pet Dogs Level One (with Molly) - Blue Dog Canine Services (July 2018)
- Introduction to Fun Agility (with Molly) – Blue dog Canine Services (August 2018)
- Interactive Play Guide (webinar) – Craig Ogilvie, Pet Professional Guild (August 2018)
I have always loved animals and in the past have kept dogs, cats, rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters and mice! At the moment, I share my home with my Labrador, Theo, and Molly who is a rescue Labrador. Also resident are Hiro and Keiko, both rescue cats, along with several foster cats.
Once I got Theo I found that even after long walks with a dog walker throughout the day he still had masses of energy on an evening, and I realised he needed something more – mental stimulation. I never lost my love of Psychology and I am particularly interested in its application to our animal friends. This gave me the idea of combining my interest in Psychology with my love of animals and Theo & Friends was born!